Are you looking for a quick and easy craft to do with the kids this year? You can try making fun DIY Christmas Ornaments like these simple Elf hats. How cute are these- the glitter pom-poms really make it pop!
Find all our DIY Christmas Crafts and Ornaments here!
Homemade Elf Hat Ornaments
Kids love to make Christmas ornaments. There is something special about having your own homemade ornaments that you can hang on the tree.
Tips for Making Christmas Ornaments with Kids
First, have fun that is the most important part. I always try to add in some learning aspects, so I would point out that we are making a triangle out of popsicle sticks, and then the pom-poms are fluffy circles.
I highly recommend having some paper down where you will do the craft because there is a lot of gluing going down, and the clean-up will be super easy.
These Christmas ornaments will look so cute on hanging on your tree this year, so don’t forget to add the string at the end.
If you are looking for more DIY crafts to make with the kids, please check out Reindeer Face Christmas Ornaments and Snowman Glitter Christmas Ornaments , we had a blast making them, plus they are so cute.
How to Make Elf Hat Christmas Ornaments at Home
Let’s get crafting! Below is our written tutorial.
- Green popsicle sticks
- Red and green pom-poms
- Patterned paper
- Create a triangle with three popsicle sticks and glue each stick together at its end.
- Trace the inside of the triangle on the patterned paper and cut along the outside of each side.
- Glue the triangle on to the back of the popsicle sticks.
- Glue pom-poms along the bottom of the triangle, alternating between red and green.
- Glue a final pom-pom on the top of the triangle.
- To make an ornament, create a loop with a piece of string and attach to the back top of the hat.
For more fun Christmas Crafts visit DollarCrafter.com
More Fun Christmas Crafts You Will Love!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas board on Pinterest.