I made these reindeer face Christmas ornaments with the kiddos this week and OMG! I love them! They’re so cute. I want to make ALL the reindeer now! These ornaments make great DIY gifts.
Homemade Reindeer Christmas Ornament with SVG Cut File
It’s been a rough year. I knew crafting with the kids would keep us all entertained for an hour or two, so I grabbed a few supplies and we got to work!
Before we started, I grabbed this kit of clear ornaments, which are readily available at craft stores and online. It’s best to start with clear ornaments instead of already decorated ones, but if you’re upcycling, feel free to paint over your ornaments with brown acrylic paint to make the bulb look like a reindeer. If you do this, you can skip the “filling” step!
Tips to Make This Reindeer Christmas Ornament
The reindeer face cut file is easy to cut, weed, and add to the ornament. Whether you’re using a Cricut or Silhouette, this is a simple craft that takes just a few minutes!
Gluing the antlers on wasn’t as difficult as I thought it was going to be. If you use hot glue and hold it on so it cools and hardens a little, you won’t have to worry about them sliding around.
We used felt for the antlers, but if you don’t have any on hand you could also use pipe cleaners!
You can use your fingers, a tweezer tool, or the Easy MiniPress to attach the reindeer face to your ornament. Either way, there’s no real way to mess it up because it’s a face… not words! 🙂
How Do I Make the Reindeer Face Ornament?
Let’s get crafting! Below is our written tutorial.
- Fillable Glass Ornament
- Brown Yarn
- Small Amount of Brown Craft Felt
- Black, Red and White Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Cricut Explore Air 2, Cricut Joy or Cricut Maker
- Light Grip Mat
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Download the cut files and upload them to Cricut Design Space. Cut two antler shapes from the brown craft felt and the smile and eyes from black heat transfer vinyl. Cut the two eye glints from the white heat transfer vinyl and the nose from the red heat transfer vinyl.
- While that’s cutting, fill the ornament with the brown yarn.
- Weed your design elements and, using the EasyPress Mini, press the nose eyes and eye glints onto the ornament.
- Hot glue the felt antlers to the top of the ornament, on either side.
Hang from the tree!
For more fun Christmas crafts visit DollarCrafter.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.