These Mickey and Minnie Mouse Hot Chocolate Bombs are absolutely magical! Just add hot milk for a delicious surprise!
Homemade Mickey and Minnie Hot Cocoa Bombs
We love making Disney crafts here, so creating Mickey and Minnie Mouse Hot Cocoa bombs just made sense. I am in love with how they turned out!
Tips for Making Hot Cocoa Bombs at Home
When it comes to making hot cocoa bombs at home we have some tricks for you that will save your sanity when it comes to creating your hot chocolate bombs.
What Kind of Chocolate Can You Use to Make Hot Cocoa Bombs?
While you can use chocolate chips or melting chocolates to create a hot cocoa bomb, we personally suggest using melting chocolates.
Melting chocolates are created for candy making and can handle the melting and reshaping process better than chocolate chips can. Chocolate chips on the other hand can be more prone to seize up. This is not to say that you cannot overheat melting chocolates and run into issues with them seizing up, it is just that it is less likely to happen when using melting chocolates.
What Should I Look For Before Buying a Hot Cocoa Bomb Mold?
To create these Disney hot cocoa bombs we used a metal mold, however you can also use a sphere silicone mold. When shopping for a silicone mold make sure that you choose one that is food grade quality, and that it is safe to use with high and low temperatures (such as the microwave or freezer).
How Many Marshmallows Should You Put Into Your Hot Cocoa Bombs?
There is never such a thing as too many marshmallows in my book. When it comes to filling your hot cocoa bombs stuff as much as you can into them. It is so much fun watching the marshmallows explode into your cup of hot cocoa!
What if I Want to Add Different Ingredients?
You totally can! Just keep in mind when you are adding ingredients to your hot cocoa bombs that you do plan on drinking this. Make sure your ingredients will melt into the hot milk so you don’t end up choking.
How to Make These Mickey and Minnie Mouse Hot Cocoa Bombs
Let’s get crafting! Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 1/4 cups Black Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 cup Red Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 Peppermint Patties
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Mickey Mouse Sprinkles
- Six Round Yellow Candy Sprinkles
- ¼ cup White Chocolate Candy melts
- Three Bow Icing Decorations
- Silicone Molds
- 1-inch Round Cookie Cutter
- Start by cutting out 4 1-inch round circles of peppermint patty.
- Place black chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Dip the peppermint patty rounds into the black chocolate and gently shake off the excess chocolate. Set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp black melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 6 bomb mold halves.
- Place red chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp red melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 6 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and peel the silicone away from the chocolate to release it from the mold.
- Fill the red chocolate cups with 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp Mickey sprinkles, and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Using the remaining black candy melts in a zipper top bag or piping bag, add a dribble of black candy melts to either side of the top, then immediately press one of the peppermint patty rounds to this spot on each side of the black chocolate cup. You may have to hold it for a minute or two to get the chocolate to set enough that you can let it go.
- On 3 of the black chocolate cups with ears, add a dribble of black candy melts in front of one ear and place a bow icing decoration to this spot, holding it in place until it will remain on it’s own.
- Place the black chocolate cups into the fridge for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate holding the ears up to set fully.
- Remove the black chocolate cups from the fridge and heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the black chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled red cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb. If desired, you can add more chocolate melts around the edge to firm-up that joint. I chose to do this just to make certain that the two halves were firmly joined because of the weight of the ears. But I also added more red candy melts around the Minnie hot cocoa bombs to make a ruffly top to her “skirt”.
- Add two dribbles of red candy melts to the front of the Mickey hot cocoa bombs and attach the yellow round icing sprinkles to those locations, holding them in place until they are able to stay on their own.
- Place white chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place the white chocolate candy melts into a piping bag or zipper-top bag and cut a tiny corner off, so you can add polka dots to the Minnie hot cocoa bombs, on the red portion.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more fun DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs visit DollarCrafter.com
More Homemade Hot Cocoa Bomb Ideas You Will Love!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite homemade beauty board on Pinterest.