Create this super cute Leprechaun Mickey Mouse for under under $5! This Mickey Mouse paper craft is perfect for scrapbooking, home décor DIYs, or even crafting with kids!
When we decided to make our St. Patrick’s Day Mickey Mouse I wanted to do a craft that the whole family could participate in. For that reason we turned our Leprechaun Mickey into a magnet for our fridge – but you could easily use this template for so much more!
DIY Leprechaun Mickey Mouse
Creating this paper craft is super simple – just print (or trace), cut, and glue. Easy peasy. For this craft for you we have made a PDF for those of you who don’t own a craft cutting machine, and the SVG cut files for those of you who would prefer to use your Cricut.
- Black, Green, and Yellow Cardstock
- Gold Glitter
- Glue Stick
- Scissors or Cricut
- Leprechaun Mickey Template Files
And if you are planning on making this into a magnet you will also need a foam padded magnet.
Tips for Paper Crafting
For this craft we used a medium weight cardstock. If you are new to paper crafting, this is something that you want to pay attention to. A lightweight cardstock will end up floppy and a heavyweight cardstock is harder to cut.
If you are using scissors instead of a craft cutting machine, you will want to make sure your scissors are good and sharp. If your scissors are on the dull end, you can sharpen them easily by cutting some sandpaper before you begin this project.
You will also want to have a lint roller on hand for once you are finished with this craft – it will make cleaning up the glitter mess a breeze!
How to Make a Leprechaun Mickey Mouse Paper Craft
Ready to get crafting? You will find the full tutorial below!
- Medium Weight Cardstock
- Glue Stick
- Gold Glitter
- Template File
- Foam Padded Magnet (optional)
- Cricut Maker
- Load the Leprechaun Mickey SVG into Design Space.
- Resize Mickey to a size smaller than 7” width. Keep proportions in place.
- Weld all the pieces together.
- Click make and follow the prompts on your Cricut machine. Select medium weight cardstock for cutting and use the green mat.
- Cut out the background shape of your Mickey on black.
- Once cut return to your project.
- Reload the Mickey SVG and resize to the same dimensions you used before.
- Delete the black pieces.
- Click make follow the prompts again using green and yellow medium weight cardstock.
- Once all of your pieces are cut, begin assembling them together. Start by gluing the green cardstock on to the black.
- Then apply glitter to the yellow cardstock pieces and apply them to the Mickey shape.
- Allow it all to dry.
- If making a magnet then a foam padded magnet to the back once everything is dried.
- Then enjoy your finished Leprechaun Mickey!
For more fun Disney Crafts visit DollarCrafter.com
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts You Will Love!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.